Set Writing Goals

Author: Anastasia V. Pergakis // Category: ,


Ah yes, the goals of a writer can vary from day-to-day. However, it is a good idea to at least write down some month by month goals for the year.

First you take a main goal for the year then go through each month and detail how you are going to reach that main goal.

I can tell you right now from experience that I have not followed by goal schedule for this year. But, it does keep me moving, even if it’s had a slower speed than I initially plotted out.

And that’s the point here people – write your goals down, so you don’t lose the plot. (Oh yes, I totally made that pun on purpose!)

So take a minute to write your goals down for the rest of this year. Split it up by month or even week if you want to. Whatever way works best for you. The point is to write something down. Hang it up where you can see it everyday, to keep you moving in the right direction.

A Writing Collage

A great way to really see your goals is to make a writing collage. Take images that represent your goals – even your life goals. Do you want to own a house? A nice car? Have a family? Anything! Cut out pictures and paste them all into one image for a collage. Choose colors that inspire or calm or excite you, whatever you want the collage to convey.

For me, I already had my life’s ambitions already. I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful son. My only “life” goal or dream left is to be published. So my collage was centered around that, filled with images that inspire me or that represent my writing.

0 Responses to "Set Writing Goals"

Post a Comment