Announcing Body Language Blogfest

Author: Anastasia V. Pergakis // Category:



**Image from Kiss-Speaking-Tips.Com**

Yes, once again Ashelynn is an effing genius! We were talking in WDC chat just a few moments ago and she said somethinga bout body language and I was like "a blogfest?" and of course she agreed it was a great idea!

Some of you know that my novel "The Faery's Tale" has two characters that don't do a lot of talking with each other, at least not in words. So, I want to see if you guys can write a great scene with NO dialogue in it!

The scene cannot have any dialgoue at all whatsoever. There must be a conversation or some sort going on in the scene, obviously, but the characters must use body language! (Telepathy and sign language don't count!)

Sign up using the Mr Linky widget below! Then post up your scenes on April 24, 2010!

(On a side note - this is my 50th post! Woot!)

44 Responses to "Announcing Body Language Blogfest"

Dawn Embers Says :
April 3, 2010 at 5:46 AM

Interesting idea.

This one is going to be tough for me because I tend to do more dialogue than anything else. But I'm signed up so we'll see what happens.

Ann Elle Altman Says :
April 3, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Interesting idea. I think on it. When is it due?

ann

Charity Bradford Says :
April 3, 2010 at 10:53 AM

This is going to be hard, but that is why I'm signing up. I also tend to use more dialogue and this will be a great challenge. Thanks!

Mia Hayson Says :
April 3, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Oh! I'm definitely signing up! It will be a challenge but I'm interested to see how we all tackle it!

The name is Ashelynn Says :
April 3, 2010 at 1:15 PM

@Ann: the 24th of April. :)

Unknown Says :
April 3, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Yay for your 50th post! I have no idea what number I'm at! I should look, lol!!

Sounds like quite the blogfest!

Elizabeth Mueller Says :
April 3, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Hello, Harley! This should be SOOO much fun! I can't wait to do this! ;)

Unknown Says :
April 3, 2010 at 4:30 PM

What a cool idea! My writing schedule is pretty tight right now, or I'd be all over this. Best of luck with it!!

Hope your Easter weekend is wonderful!

Kirsten Lesko Says :
April 3, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog for the first time. I don't have it in me to participate in the blogfest, but I love the idea! I look forward to reading what comes out of it.

Tamara Hart Heiner Says :
April 3, 2010 at 11:37 PM

what a fun idea! it'll be fun to read these.

Anastasia V. Pergakis Says :
April 4, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Thanks for the comments everyone! I can't wait to read them either! It's gonig to be great! I'm already working on mine! (Though I should be working on the blogfests due on the 10th and the 11th.....)

And Kirsten - thanks for stopping by! I hope you see you around here again!

Rachel Bateman Says :
April 4, 2010 at 2:42 PM

ooooh...this sounds like a TON of fun. I love how much can be portrayed with just actions and no dialogue. I can't wait to give this a shot.

Anonymous Says :
April 5, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Now this one sounds innovative (and very challenging)!

Cat

Raquel Byrnes Says :
April 5, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I was just reading about this very thing in an article the other day. It sounds very challenging. Count me in!

Anastasia V. Pergakis Says :
April 6, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Welcome aboard everyone! I can't wait to read your entries! This is going to be so much fun!

Just Another Sarah Says :
April 7, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Oh, good gravy...I don't know what I'm going to write! I think I'm addicted to blogfests. Seriously.

Ann Elle Altman Says :
April 8, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Question for you, are we allowed to get into the MC's head at all (to show the MC's feelings) or does it have to be like an old black and white silent picture movie where we only see action and hear no sound?

Anastasia V. Pergakis Says :
April 8, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Oh no Ann! By all means get into the characters head! Basically it's the point to have no dialogue. So nothing in quotations marks!

Ann Elle Altman Says :
April 9, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Okay, it's much more powerful if you can at least get into one character's head.

ann

Kierah Jane Reilly Says :
April 9, 2010 at 7:28 PM

I've never done a blogfest before. This one sounds fun!

Anastasia V. Pergakis Says :
April 9, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Kierah - I'm honored you would try mine first! Thanks for following and stopping by!

Anonymous Says :
April 10, 2010 at 5:00 PM

This sounds like so much fun! I found this through someone that participated in the murder scene blogfest this weekend.

Thanks for hosting!

F Says :
April 11, 2010 at 5:35 PM

This is a fantastic idea... It's going to be a challenge, though... Looking forward to reading everyone else's (except mine!). :)

Katie Says :
April 12, 2010 at 8:55 PM

This one is going to be hard but fun, I think. :)

VR Barkowski Says :
April 13, 2010 at 12:19 PM

This blogfest intrigues me. But I assume participants can't cheat by having a first person narrator with convenient inner thoughts. :)

Must check to see if I have anything appropriate.

Melanie Sherman Says :
April 14, 2010 at 2:07 AM

I can't believe my finger pressed the "Enter Me" button. Dang it. Now I'm going to have to use boxing tape over the mouths of my recalcitrant characters to keep them quiet. They'll fight me every moment. I'll probably end up with bruises. Curses.

It can't be first person?

This is my second attempt at a blogfest. Perhaps this one will go better. But I look forward to reading the wonderful entries of others.

Charity Bradford Says :
April 14, 2010 at 5:25 PM

I've been working on this today. I'm excited, but glad there is still 10 days to work on it. What a challenge!

Sharon Axline Says :
April 16, 2010 at 10:46 AM

GULP - Ok, Melanie Sherman made me do it! I pressed enter as well, this will be my first EVER attempt at a blogfest. OH dear gods have have I done!?

Amy Jo Says :
April 16, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Oh, fun! I have a scene in mind that I need to polish up a bit and add more body language. Is there a word count or line limit?

Anastasia V. Pergakis Says :
April 16, 2010 at 2:33 PM

No there isn't Amy Jo. I tend to be long winded so I didn't put a restriction for this.

Unknown Says :
April 19, 2010 at 12:56 PM

This sounds like a lot of fun!

Anonymous Says :
April 21, 2010 at 1:47 AM

I just wanted to let you know (bc I just remembered that I haven't told you yet), I do plan to participate in your blogfest, I just didn't want to sign up until I have something to submit for sure. I was actually hoping to post the first scene for that new Stalker project of mine, but I think I am going to have to write something specifically for the fest. (4 days away, I hope I can do it!) :)

Roni Loren Says :
April 22, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Thanks for linking to my blogfest in your list. I love that this one is the complete opposite of my dialogue one. :)

I'll have to think through if I have any scenes that will work for this one. If I do, I'll make sure to come back and sign up.

Kierah Jane Reilly Says :
April 22, 2010 at 12:01 PM

<--- Newbie!

So, how does this work? Do we post it on our own blog and then post a comment with a link to it on your blog?

Anastasia V. Pergakis Says :
April 22, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Kierah - Sign up with the Mr. Linky in the post above then on the day of the blogfest you post up your scene to your blog. That simple! The Mr Linky lets you link to your blog so on the day of the blogfest everyone can come read your post!

Kierah Jane Reilly Says :
April 22, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I signed up already! Number 12 :)

Amalia Dillin Says :
April 22, 2010 at 10:52 PM

I am so definitely In.

Eric W. Trant Says :
April 23, 2010 at 10:16 AM

DANGIT!

Typo on my name in my entry. How faux pas!

Looking forward to everyone's entries. This is a unique blogfest. Nice call, especially considering the Let's Talk dialogue blogfest upcoming.

- Eric's

EJ Fechenda Says :
April 23, 2010 at 11:58 PM

I love a challenge and a scene without dialogue is one indeed. Looking forward to participating!

Andrew Rosenberg Says :
April 24, 2010 at 10:44 AM

I suggest using the Twitter tag #bodylangfest for this. Mine is up!

Myne Says :
April 24, 2010 at 2:21 PM

My entry is up at the URL

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/2010/04/accident-blogfest.html

Elizabeth Mueller Says :
April 28, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I've had lotsa friends say they couldn't put any comments on there cuz my blog was messing with them. :(

So sad, hu? I had the funnest time digging around my head trying to find out which of my WIPs had the best bod lang in them. What a challenge! :)

Post a Comment