The rules for this award is to post 10 things about myself then pass it one to 5 other blogs. So here we go!
1. I am a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. I have been clean and sober for 3 1/2 years after being in a drug induced fog for almost 10. The hardest part was not quitting, it was living that way. Imagine if you will, waking up in the morning and being pissed off that you woke up, scared that everything was real, and sadened by that reality. Now imagine that for every single morning for 10 years. It was easier to quit and learn to actually live - seriously.
2. I have never graduated - from anything. Shocking right? Yes, I dropped out of high school in the middle of my senior year (might tell this story in another blog post- it's a long one). I got my G.E.D. instead a few years later. Then I went to college to be a legal secretary. Had one semester left after 1 year (shoved 2 years worth of classes into 1 year) and was kicked out. (Again, another really long story that I will probably never talk about in a blog! Let's just say, it relates back to the stuff I said previously in this post. Drugs can ruin every thing - and I do mean every thing.) I went back to college again just a few years ago, but had to quit due to lack of money to pay for it. (Having chidlren changes things of course). I was studying Criminal Justice.
3. I love psychology. I took extra psych classes during my time at college. It is a really interesting topic to me. I love to people watch and I find it fun to learn about why people do the things they do. I love to watch those shows "Inside the mind of a Serial Killer" type of things. I find it fascinating that sometimes the brain patterns of a serial killer or rapist is actually different than the average person. (This is also true for the brain patterns of alcoholics/addicts, just so you know.)
4. I have severe social anxiety. Really. I hate to be in public around other people. I find it suffocating and scares the death out of me. I have panic attacks althought in recent years since meeting my husband, I don't have them as often as I used to. I used to take medication for the panic attacks, but all that did was put me to sleep for 12 hours. Now I just try to do breathing exercises and other techniques I have found to work. (Like LEAVING the crowded place or not going at all!) There are times where it gets so bad I need to have someone rock me so that I can match my breathing to the pattern (sort of like for asthma attacks when they don't have an inhaler).
5. I'm not stupid, I just know completely useless information! Seriously, how would I get on with my life without knowing that in the medieval ages the reason for women having just extra long sleeves was to show wealth, as they could afford to waste the fabric in such a way! Or how about knowing how to properly land after jumping out of an Army plane? (not the stupid way they do it in the movies!) (Sure if was a paratrooper that is valuable knowledge, but I'm a 25 year old stay at home mom!) Oh and the best knowledge of all, that is probably most important - HAN SHOT FIRST!
6. I can read in write in another 'language' other than English. It's not necessarily a language perse, but the ancient germanic runes are a text that was used for communication. I can write and read the text just as well as I can English. (Again this also qualifies as somewhat useless information because when would I need to know how to read this text?)
7. I can technically say I am working on 7 novels at the same time. Yea, enough said. (I bet your thinking, "No wonder she's insane!")
8. What else? I don't what to say! Umm...I don't wear make up, ever. Don't see the point really. It just makes my skin break out anyway so why make it worse? The rare times I do is for formal dressy times or if I'm in the mood to "goth out" as I say. But even then it's usually just mascara, eye shadow and lipstick. Don't need blush as my cheeks are naturally rosy and foundation just makes my skin break out so...
9. I am ambedextrious. To a point. I can't write very well with my left (But I'm sure if I practiced it would be easy to pick up) and I can only golf with my left but pretty much everything else I can with both hands. As a note, I am technically right handed. I have to learn something first with my right hand then it is an easy switch to the left (except for golf that I can't do right handed no matter how hard I try!)
10. Last thing! I have been asked to be a guest writer for http://wickedwriters.com/! I cannot believe I was asked to write something about reviewing books! I am so honored! It will be appearing the third week of march and I will put a little blurb in my writing blog, Labotomy of a Writer. So keep an eye out for it!
I have to pass this on to 5 other blogs, but I don't know anyone really! The ones I do know have already recieved this award!
4. To the first person who replies to this post that is not already on this list!
5. To the second person who replies to this post that is not already on this list!
I really need to get to know more people on the blog network here! But there it is! Thanks so much again Mireyah for thinking of me and honoring me with this great award!
**Originally posted on my other blog "Abyss of My Soul"**